Focus. Organize. Remember. Communicate. Evaluate.

PAGES

May 17, 2012

Communicate with a Bang!

Use the C4 concept to quantify content and connect with your readers.  

Clear: Use words that are objective and easy to understand. Quantify content with definitive details that eliminate confusion.

Concise: Be consistent, avoid redundancy, and don't use 10 words when 5 will do.  

Captivate: Get attention with images and color. Use white space and lists to help end users focus on important content.     

Connect: Provide relevant comparisons and real life examples your audience can feel and remember. 

Which version of the story are you more likely to remember?

Version 1: There was a huge pile-up on the highway and I was stuck in traffic for a long time. It was very hot and my car's air conditioning was not working. I was sweating all over.  

Version 2A three car crash on I-40 had me in stop-and-go traffic for more than two hours. It was 95 degrees and my SUV's air conditioning did not work. I was sweating from head to toe and my clothes were sticking to me.